Get your ticket here:
Registration: 10.00 to 10.30
Game 1: 10.30 to 12.30
Lunch: 12.30 – 1.30
Game 2: 1.30 to 3.30
Break: 3.30 to 3.45
Game 3: 3.45 to 5.45
Game 4: 9.30 to 11.30
Lunch: 11.30 – 12.30
Game 5: 12.30 to 2.30
- You must use the same army for each game.
- The models don’t need to be painted, non-KoW figures are allowed, GW figures encouraged!
- The 2nd Edition rules will be used, they’re free and can be found here: http://www.manticgames.com/free-rules.html
- Final Beta rules are allowed provided you have a printed copy to show your opponent as the link has been pulled, but only until such time the rules are published officially. Currently this only applies to the Twilight Kin rules.
- Fan made lists will not be accepted.
- You cannot exceed a 2,250 point force using the standard points restrictions and list building restrictions.
- We will be using the Clash of Kings 2019 tournament book for rules on setup, items, spells, rules changes, and scenarios.
- No clocks will be used for this event, but time will be called at 15 minutes before the scheduled time above (ie 1h45m) to give time for people to finish the current round, calculate victory and to get scoresheets to the event organizer. If sheets aren’t received at the final round time, the organizer has the option to deduct 2 points from each player’s round score. We’re all relatively new to the game so there is some leniency here in both round length and the absence of a clock to help account for this.
- In the event someone is suspected of slow playing call over the judge so that he can observe, this should be done as soon as it’s suspected. Waiting until the game is completed is not satisfactory. It’s the judges discretion to determine if it’s actually slow playing or not. In the event slow playing is the final call, the judge can elect to call the game a time out and score it appropriately.
- You must bring all materials needed to play including dice, measuring device, models.
- You must conduct yourself in a manner that will not bring our awesome hobby into disrepute.
- If you are in doubt of anything please e-mail email@example.com with your questions.
Battle (100 max)
Rounds will be using scenarios outlined in the schedule. In the event players don’t have the Clash of Kings book, scenario rules will be included in the tournament package. After a game the points will be assigned as follows:
Tournament Points (TP)
Victory 15 TPs
Draw 10 TPs
Loss 5 TPs
Time out/Concede 0 TP (with no bonus for attrition score)
This will also be affected by a margin of victory seen below:
Total point-cost of enemy units routed
Pts Routed Bonus Points
Sports (20 max)
At the end of the tournament you’ll vote on your favourite opponent, this person will receive a sportsmanship point. The person with the most sportsmanship points will win the Best Sportsmanship award. In the event of a tie, the person with the highest battle score will win. The value you gained for sportsmanship will be multiplied by 4 and added to your overall score. In addition, the 1st place sportsman will get 5 points added to their overall score, the 2nd place will get 3 points added, the 3rd place will get 2 point added, and every other person that receives at least one vote will get 1 point added. This score will be capped at 20 points (So for example, a 1st place sportsman got all 5 1st votes = 20 pts + 5pts for being 1st = 25 pts, but gets 20 pts as that’s the cap for this score)
Painting (20 max)
During the lunch break you’ll be asked to vote for your top 3 favourite armies at the event. This can be anything you like. 1st place votes will get 5 points, 2nd place will get 3 points and 3rd place will get 1 point towards their painting score. The highest painting score will win the Favourite Army award. In the event of a tie, sportsmanship voting will win the award. Players will have their paint vote scores added to the overall score up to a 20 pt maximum. (ie if you score more than 20 pts, you’ll get 20 pts added to overall only).
Battle score added with the sports placement and painting placements creates the overall scoring. The highest scoring player will win the Best Overall award, in the event of a tie Battle will determine the winner. In the event that is still tied, most sports votes will determine the winner. In the event they’re still tied, paint score will determine the winner. In the highly improbable event they are STILL tied, speeches followed by applause from the participants will determine the victor.
No person can win more than one award in an event a person will win multiple awards the order of the awards below from top to bottom will take precedence.
Best Overall – Battle score with Sports and Painting added
Best General – Battle score
Best Sportsman – Sportsmanship points
Favourite Army – Painting score